Thursday, August 25, 2005

what's in a name???

Arrgh ... the name I've been using since birth is differently spelled on my birth certificate.

GRrrrrrrrrr! Oh! well my mom did try to correct this one, when i was in grade six, she filed an affidavit regarding this matter. But, she didn't finished the whole procedure. She thought you just need to file an affidavit and it's done.That's it!

Now, I must used what is written on my birth certificate because when I filed my SSS no. and my passport I followed the procedure to use name as it appears on the birth certificate. Why? coz' I won't be able to file it if i don't use the name indicated on my birth certificate And now i'm in the process of changing the name in my diploma and TIN I.D. too. All because of the extra letter!!

Life! Oh! well I just feel very uneasy using this name. It feels like I'm a whole different person. I guess I just need to keep this in mind, "A name doesn't make a person, a person makes his NAME."

Well to all of you who might have encountered the same problem. Go ahead and visit this website article,Republic Act 9048
I just wish i had this information beforehand.

--
This comment was made on my original blog:
mojacko1976 said...

hahaha!!! what a headache another letter can do.

take heart, ganyan talaga minsan.

good luck with NSO :)

9:38 PM

No comments: